For all of our auditions, please try to arrive early to ensure you have time to fill our forms and have audition photos made. Resumes and head shots are not expected or required.
PRELUDE TO A KISS
Monday, March 28 2016 at 7pm
Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 7pm
Director: Olga Kruse
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork.
Production Dates are June 2 – 12, 2016 – Thurs, Fri, and Sat at 8pm; Sun at 2pm.
About the play: At Peter and Rita’s wedding, a mysterious old man insists on kissing the bride. While honeymooning, Peter gradually realizes that the woman by his side is not his wife. The wedding kiss caused Rita’s soul and the old man’s to change places. Peter must track down the old man and free his young love’s spirit trapped in an aging and diseased body before it’s too late.
* Peter Hoskins: 30ish, a manager in a publishing firm, smart, sensitive, a little insecure
* Rita Boyle: 25-30, a graphic designer working as a bartender, a pessimistic insomniac
* Dr. Boyle: 45-65, Rita’s father, a suburban dentist from Englewood Cliffs
* Mrs. Boyle: 45-65, Rita’s mother, a suburban housewife
* Old man : 75 plus, an old man dying of cancer and cirrhosis
* Taylor: 25-35, Peter’s best friend, best man and co-worker
* Aunt Dorothy/Leah Blier: 45-65, Rita’s aunt/Old Man’s daughter
* Uncle Fred: 45-65, Rita’s uncle
* Tom/Jamaican waiter: New York bartender/Jamaican resort waiter/ensemble
* Minister: 30 plus, a minister/ensemble
Stay tuned for more information regarding auditions for the remainder of the season. **dates are subject to change**
All auditions begin at 7pm unless otherwise stated.