It’s 1955, and into a square little town in a square little state rides a guitar-playing young man who changes everything and everyone he meets. Loosely based on Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, this hip-swiveling, lip-curling musical fantasy will have you jumpin’ out of your blue suede shoes with such classics as “Heartbreak Hotel,” “Hound Dog,” “Jailhouse Rock,” and “Don’t Be Cruel.”
We will be holding auditions for our spring production of All Shook Up! On December 21st and 22nd at 7:00 pm. The show runs March 17 – 26, 2023. Rehearsals will begin in January. Auditions are open to everyone 16 and older.
Director: Jamie Bierchen
Musical Director: Nathan Daugherty
Choreographer: Stefanie Lehmann
Auditioners should bring sheet music for their musical audition, unless the song selection is from All Shook Up!. Auditioners should also wear comfortable clothes and shoes, that are easy to move in.
If you are planning to audition on the 21st or 22nd, please fill out the short form below. There is also a link below for the audition form. You may fill it out ahead of time and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or bring it with you to the audition.
We understand that the audition dates are close to the holidays. If you are unable to attend either audition date, you may send in a video audition. Please email the video audition to email@example.com before December 22nd.
- NATALIE HALLER – Young woman and an excellent mechanic. More at home in greasy overalls than a dress. Age: 20-35/ voice range: ALTO/ Dance Ability: STRONG DANCER
- CHAD – A great-lookin’, motorcylin’, guitar playin’, leather-jacketed roustabout, Age: 20 – 35/, voice range: BARITONE / Dance Ability: STRONG DANCER
- JIM HALLER– Natalie’s widowed father. Middle aged and messy, he still longs for his wife, Age: 40 – 60/ voice range: BARITONE / Dance Ability: strong sense of movement
- SYLVIA – The no-nonsense, owner of Sylvia’s Honky Tonk, Age: 40 – 60 / voice range: ALTO / Dance Ability: strong sense of movement
- LORRAINE– Sylvia’s teenage daughter. Pretty, smart and a total romantic, Age:16 – 20/ voice range: ALTO/ DANCE ABILITY: must move well
- DENNIS – An awkward young man. He aspires to be a dentist, Age: 20 – 35 / voice range: TENOR/ Dance Ability: Must move well
- MISS SANDRA – The beautiful, intellectual caretaker of the town’s museum, Age: 20 – 35/ voice range: ALTO / Dance Ability: must move well
- MAYOR MATILDA HYDE – The town’s very conservative mayor, Age: 40 – 60 / voice range: SOPRANO/ Dance Ability: strong sense of movement
- DEAN HYDE – Matilda’s teenage son. He has spent his youth at military boarding schools, and he has never disobeyed his mother, Age:16 – 25 / voice range: TENOR / Dance Ability: must move well
- SHERIFF EARL – The law in town and a man of not many words. He loyally follows the mayor wherever she goes., Age: 40 – 60/ voice range: BARITONE / Dance Ability: moderate range of movement
If you have any questions, please email us at office@SPCityTheatre.org